If we come to the college directly can we apply for BSc? Nursing. Shall we come on Monday for admission?
Admission Nursing courses in Oxford Nursing College Bangalore is based on Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences guidelines through KEA Karnataka Counselling.
Admission guidelines in Oxford Nursing College Bangalore:
**strong text A candidate seeking admission for Basic BSc (N) should have: **
A candidate seeking admission for Basic BSc (N) should have:
Passed the two years Pre-University examination or equivalent as recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, with science subjects, Viz, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
Obtained at least 45% (Forty five) of the total marks in science subject and English of the qualifying examination. If belonging to a Scheduled caste or scheduled tribe should have obtained not less than 40% of the total marks in science subjects and English of the qualifying examination.
Students of vocational courses: 10+2 vocational course of state Govt. of Kerala with 5 subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in addition to vocational subjects conducted is considered equivalent to +2 examination/ Karnataka Pre- University course from the academic year 2005 -06 and onwards. Marks obtained by the candidate in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology to be considered for assessing the eligibility as per the ordinances governing Basic BSc Nursing course of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
A candidate seeking admission for Post Basic BSc in Nursing must:
- Hold a diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM)
- Be a registered nurse
- Have passed the pre-university examination in arts/science/commerce conducted by Department of Pre-University Education, Karnataka State or its equivalent recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Have working knowledge of English
- Be medically fit
- Have a good personal and professional record
- No candidate who is above 48 years of age on 31st December of the year of admission shall be eligible.
A candidate seeking admission for MSc in Nursing must:
Have registered in any State Nursing Registration Councilas a registered nurse and registered midwife. Have passed Basic B.Sc. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursingof, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Karnataka, or any other University accepted as equivalent by Rajiv Gandhi University ofHealth Sciences Karnataka withminimum of 55% aggregate marks. Have minimum one year of work experience after obtaining Basic B.Sc. Nursing in a hospital or in nursing educational institution. For candidate with Post Basic BSc in Nursing degree no such experience is needed after graduation.
A candidate seeking admission for GNM:
- 10+2 with English and must have obtained a minimum of 40% at the qualifying examination and English individually from any recognized board. Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized by State Government and National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by Central Government. However Science is preferable.
- 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing council.
- 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in Vocational Stream-Health care Science from a recognized CBSE board/Centre.
- Registered ANM with pass mark.
- Students shall be medically fit.
The minimum age for admission will be 17 years. (as on 31st December of that year) The upper age limit is 35 yrs. For ANM/ for LHV, there is no age bar.